Through Glass is an an Art Series designed to showcase artists, giving them a platform to exhibit their work, while simultaneously creating awareness on the importance of art as a vehicle of self-expression and mental well-being.
The objective is transparency, breaking ‘through glass’, to raise awareness through our stories, in breaking the stigma surrounding mental illness.
The series will include art exhibits, art showcases, as well as workshops and symposiums.
| ART EXHIBITION |
An exclusive two day showcase featuring the work of eight unique artists at the Artscape Sandbox. The exhibition will be open to visitors from September 2-3, 2018 - 9:30am to 5:00pm.
| SYMPOSIUM ON MENTAL HEALTH & WELL-BEING |
A discussion on the value of art in everyday life, it's duality as a means of expression and healing of the mind. Featuring Keynote Speaker Shelley White, CEO, Responsible Gambling Council and performances by: Bowkiss - Regional Strings Quartet, Central Peel Secondary School, Brampton; Indian Classic Solo - Madhurie Dhanrajh on Sitar and Dinesh Hansraj on Tabla.
- Moderators:Anna Silgardo - Founder, Artists in Momentum and Susan Ksiezopolski - President & Founder, WriteWell
- Meghan Karia - CEO, UCMAS Canada
- Dr. Colin Saldana - Family Physician/ Chair Mental Health Task Force Mississauga, Halton LINH
- Nisha Lewis - Manager Communication & Resource Development, Canadian Mental Health Association Peel Dufferin
- Mike Douglas - Executive Director, Mississauga Arts Council
- Liberty Silver - Artist, Juno and Grammy Award Winner
- Christine Long - Artist and Chair, Art Trendz Collective